Project Report Details

rjagodowski

Project Report Details

Post by rjagodowski »

Edits: 5/11/23

The project grade requires the submission of a combined report describing the project, it's various major components and challenges and any supporting documentation along with assigned tasks for each team member. I've attached a pdf of the reports from previous classes to give you an idea. The filenames use the old STCC number for the course: ELEC-485. (NOTE: The Fall 2014 class was an evening class, and they had extra-difficult time constraints against them.) In my opinion, all of these reports had LOTS of room for improvement, and given additional time, I'm sure they would've looked better. But this should at least give you a few ideas on what needs to be done.

Pictures, diagrams, schematics, program listings should be included in the written and electronic versions of the report. If they are not directly the topic of a discussion, then schematics, programs and other support documents should be at the end of the report in the Appendix.

The electronic submission should include not only the electronic version of the paper version submitted, but also programs for each device (a listing AND a file of the actual program). So there should be a program for the PLC, HMI, Dobot, 3D Printer Files, BS2/Arduino and/or anything else you needed to program.

You also need to create a video of the operation of your project. An example is this video posted here on YouTube by the Spring 2015 Day class. Yours doesn't have to have all of the video editting intricacies of this one. This one is for the 2022 Automated Hydroponic Greenhouse created by the STCC Public Relations depart: STCC EET Automated Hydroponic Greenhouse . Here's some additional videos from the projects presented in 2017 (2 day class/1 evening): 2017SP Warehouse Storage Retrieval/Cooking Oil Centrifuge for BioDiesel/Trail Mix Vending Machine. If possible, the video should show the complete process from beginning to end. If that isn't possible, try to create a video that shows your project in the best way possible.

One suggested way of creating the report is to have individual team members write their own parts or specific sections, and then have one team member assemble the sections into one cohesive document. That team member should then send the combined document to each member of the team to make sure it is correct before sending it to me. The question 1 on the second part of the EET-265 Exam emailed to you should help guide you for this part. Pictures weren't required on the EET-265 Exam, but you definitely should included pictures when sending the information to the team member or members created the cohesive documentation. Creating the document on GoogleDocs for the entire team to access and edit is a excellent way to put the report together.

You should submit one hardcopy to me as well as an electronic version of the final report accompanied by any program code files (PLC, HMI, Microcontroller, Fanuc, Dobot, 3D Printers, etc.) and a link to the video posted on YouTube. Ideally I should receive a single email with everything ZIPPED together in a single file, exclusive of the video.
Attachments
ELEC-485L Final Report Fall 2014.pdf
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
ELEC-485L Final Report Spring 2014.pdf
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
ELEC-485L Final Report Spring 2015.pdf
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
npdesantis

Re: Project Report Details

Post by npdesantis »

Final Project Paper for Spring 2022 Automated Greenhouse Project.
Attachments
Greenhouse Final.docx
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 68 times

Return to “EET-265 Lecture”