Week #15: 5/1-5 STCC Career Net, LinkedIn

rjagodowski

Week #15: 5/1-5 STCC Career Net, LinkedIn

Post by rjagodowski »

Added (5/3): I'd also recommend that students create and maintain a LinkedIn profile. It's a Social Network for Professionals, usually with shared interests, to keep in touch and even to search for job opportunities.

We'll spend part of today's lecture discussing STCC's Career Development Center.

Other ways to find the Career Development Center is to click on the Menu tab (or e-Tools) on the www.stcc.edu homepage. Click on STCCNet Portal and then the Menu. Select Student Services and then Career Services .

Scroll down until you see the Career Net login for Students/Alumni .

If you have not registered for this you should do so soon. Companies which contact the school directly will often have their ads placed here, often without notification of the faculty. This is a way in which students and alumni can always see what opportunities are available.

Other recent postings:

Check this out from Intelligrated on Indeed.com. If you're interested, there is a former STCC student who will take your information and pass it along to those in the know.

I received a voice message from the president of PTR Precision Technologies in Enfield, CT. They do Electron-Beam Welding and he mentioned that they're looking for field service people for their machines. They are interested in our students and a written job description is attached here. Please inform Rick if you are interested and I"ll pass the word along to my contact:
PTR_FieldServiceTechnician2-2017.doc.pdf
(109.8 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Some content about Lasers, Fiber-Optics and Vacuum Systems can be found in Week #15 of EET-255 Advanced Topics in E.E.T. & Automation.

As always, check the bulletin board outside of our computer lab, 20/M118 for recent postings which are called to my attention.

Return to “EET-265 Lecture”