Week #1: 1/24-26

This is the area to post your weekly Progress Reports.
rjagodowski

Week #1: 1/24-26

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your Progress Reports in this Forum for work done in Week #1.

In general, your progress report should include what you accomplished this week, what you hope to accomplish next week and if you believe you are behind/on/ahead of schedule.
mfdesjardins0001

Re: Week #1: 1/24-26

Post by mfdesjardins0001 »

Week 1 progress report.
This week our team picked the warehouse as our Automaton Project. There is about 8 of us and we started talking about some ideas we had on creating the warehouse, the device to stock and get things off shelfs, how the plc would fit in, and how we could get the packages to the shipping place. I think it was a good start and hopefully we will do more next week.
jcpetlock0001

Post by jcpetlock0001 »

Week 1 progress report
I have chosen the Warehouse stocking/retrieval team because I am more interested in this project.We began to come up with ideas about how to design a stocking/retrieval system that can sort/store and send out product from a storage rack. A basic material list was made of essential items needed such as the plc, robot, moving track and conveyors. Next week the goal is to put together a full materiel list and assign tasks.
jcpetlock0001

Post by jcpetlock0001 »

Week 2 Progress Report
We completely disassembled the old storage rack setup, saving parts we would use and tossing the stuff we don't need. The material list was mostly finished today as we figured out what we had and did not have. A list of tasks was made and everyone was assigned a job. I am working on the conveyor belt part of the system with mike. I started working on the conveyors trying to select the ones we were going to use. Mike put mounting brackets on one of the conveyors while I tried to remove a bad servo on another. Next week the goal is to began putting some things in place and testing them.
arguilbert0001

Post by arguilbert0001 »

Week 3 Progress Report

Our group has been working together very well as we all have an idea of what our main goal is by our planning and communication. Today we brainstormed more of what we actually need for the project and how we can get it, started taking measurements based upon the robots movement range, the size of the claw, the size of the block's, and the size of the rack. We also started to 3D print a lot of things that we need in order to get the conveyor belts up and running. Hopefully by next week our robot would be in the process of being shipped or already delivered. I plan to start building the rack tonight from the info that I gathered among other students. I plan to be done with the blocks and the rack by next Tuesday.

Return to “Progress Reports”