Week #13: (11/28) Truth Table Programming

rjagodowski

Week #13: (11/28) Truth Table Programming

Post by rjagodowski »

This week you will write a program which will implement a 3 variable truth table. The truth table you will implement is one you may have performed in one of your EET-210 Digital Labs (if you had Rick). As a review, this was a seatbelt alarm circuit that would light the LED if the vehicle Ignition (I=1) was on, there was someone sitting in the driver's seat (S=1) and the seatbelt was unbelted (B=0). The truth table looks like this:
TruthTable.jpg
TruthTable.jpg (157.78 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
Your assignment is to write a PBASIC program which will light an LED (L) when the three switches (I, S & B) are in the proper combination. Any other combination and the LED should be off.

There are several different ways in which to proceed to write this program. You can us IF...THEN statements, you can use the logical operators (&, |, ~, etc.), or some other method you devise.

For simplicity, you can use three wires connected to VSS/VDD to simulate the three switches. Be sure that your program works for all 8 Rows in the Truth Table.

It's probably easiest to use 3 wires for the I, S & B inputs and then move each wire from Vss (Logic 0) to VDD (Logic 1) as needed to show that the truth table output is properly programmed into your BS2.

WHAT TO SUBMIT:

You must demonstrate the operation of your program to your instructor and submit a flowchart and well commented BS2 Program Listing for your program. When you have completed the exercise, post a Reply to this Topic stating that you finished.

A copy of the original lab handout is attached here should you wish to review or explore the original EET-210 lab assignment:
Lab #2 Practical Logic Design Problem v15.1.pdf
(132.16 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
bemmonds

Re: Week #13: (11/28) Truth Table Programming

Post by bemmonds »

Lab completed.

Brad Emmonds
dasubbotin

Re: Week #13: (11/28) Truth Table Programming

Post by dasubbotin »

Rick,

Lab has been completed, flow chart and program submitted in person.

-Dave S.

Return to “EET-260 Lab”