Week #10: (3/25-29) Progress Reports

rjagodowski

Week #10: (3/25-29) Progress Reports

Post by rjagodowski »

Please post your progress reports for Week #10 here.
jfrusso0001

Re: Week #10: (3/25-29) Progress Reports

Post by jfrusso0001 »

I was not able to make it to class this week, however I was able to do some research on stepper motors to drive the liquor dispenser.

Also, I started putting thought into designing an end effector for the robot that I should be able to 3D print.
dasubbotin

Re: Week #10: (3/25-29) Progress Reports

Post by dasubbotin »

This week we discussed the status of orders on needed parts, and whether anything could be done to try and expedite them. In the absence of these parts, we rehashed our overall structural and physical setup and placement of major components of the system, where things would go, and modifications that would be needed to the structure to fit everything properly and allow the needed functionality of the moving parts (carousel, air solenoid, stepper motor, robot, etc. The motor and air solenoid should be in for next week, so that will be a good start.
A good portion of time was allotted to scoping out and absorbing the pinout of the robot. We were not able to the robot working, however.
I downloaded a copy of the Dubot software, manual, and demo guide, so that I could play around and explore software functionality, although, what can be learned is limited until you are able to connect to the robot. But at least we can have the ability to save more than one copy of the program in case of contingency to someones computer. Looking forward on parts coming in....

Return to “EET-265L Lab - Evening”