Week #3: (2/4-8) Progess Reports.

rjagodowski

Week #3: (2/4-8) Progess Reports.

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress reports for Week #3 here.
jlamoutte0001

Re: Week #3: (2/4-8) Progess Reports.

Post by jlamoutte0001 »

Thursday (2/7): Discussed new ideas on how to serve the drinks using a tray on a piston that would move the cup to and from the dispenser.
Experimenting can start next week when the pumps come in. That will give us a better idea as to how the layout of the machine would look.

Tuesday (2/12): We tested the pump that was ordered. It was slow in moving water from one cup to another. The beer tap appeared to fill a cup at a faster rate, but it may not be what we need for the project. I ordered some syrup to see how thick it is and to see if it is possible to pump.

Thursday (2/14): Discussed how the program would operate by creating a simple flow chart of the process. We also came o he decision air would be the best option to move the soda and syrups because we can get more force.

Friday (2/15): I received the bottle of syrup I ordered from Amazon. It turns out the Torani brand syrup isn't thick, but rather thin, like water. I believe that this syrup is perfect for the project.
Last edited by jlamoutte0001 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
njberrios

Post by njberrios »

2/7/2019
discuss further ideas on how to move the cup to the dispenser without using the robot. we concluded that the robot we have will not meet the needs of our project
nsrogers0001

Post by nsrogers0001 »

Thursday: 2/7/19

today we discussed a new cup idea, to add more of an automated element to the dispenser. The new tray idea is intended to limit peoples access to the nozzle dispensing the soda.

Also today we took a few minutes to discuss the type of pump that we want to use, and we discussed the flavorings that we want to implement.

- Nicholas Rogers

Return to “Weekly Progress Reports - Cold Beverage Dispenser”