4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Week 6 was a wiring week. After getting the stepper motor and conveyer belt running separately. We had to get them both to run off one PLC program together. So on Tuesday 2/25/20, we wired the PLC up to the stepper motor, conveyer belt, and the emergency stop. And got all of them to work together. On Thursday 2/27/20, we pooled some of our money together to buy the plastic bottles for our project. After buying the bottles we decided to make a rough design build of the bottle drop and bottle fill. After finalizing the design for each part we cleaned up the work area and left.
This week we did more wiring and got the conveyor belt running with the stepper motor and wired in an emergency stop. Also we started planning out the next stages of the project and started putting together ideas for the bottle drop and fill and what devices we can use for each step.