Week #15: Review of Course & Final Exam

rjagodowski

Week #15: Review of Course & Final Exam

Post by rjagodowski »

Today is the last day of our class meeting. We will discuss a few topics from Week #14.

I will then discuss some of the problems presented in the Pneumatics Trainer Manual in Chapters 20, 22 & 23. I posted the solutions to those problem in the Blackboard area HERE for those in the -D01 Section (afternoon) and HERE for those in the -D02 section (evening).

Here's a tutorial showing the operation and design of a Single Cycle Reciprocation Hydraulic Circuit (Hydraulic Press). Some of the previous links I had posted to this site www.wisc-online.com didn't work as they are created in Adobe Flash, which is no longer supported by computer browsers. This presentation presents some of the same material. It demonstrates the combination of a hydraulic cylinder using electrical control devices, and it also shows the ladder diagram for the electrical circuit. A ladder diagram is an type of electrical schematic to demonstrate circuit operation. It's appearance resembles a ladder, hence its name. It is "read" from the top rung, left to right, then down to the next rung, left to right, so on and so forth. The convention is that controlling elements (switches, contacts, sensors) are toward the left of the rung and output devices (relays, lights, alarms, motors, etc.) are toward the right of the rung. Those of you taking EET-130 Motor Controls course in the Spring will become very familiar with these types of diagrams in that course and lab. So don't worry about taking it all in now. This is just a look at "things to come".

I'll spend a bit of time discussing some new Electro-Pneumatic Trainers the EET department recently received.
EP250 Electro-Pneumatic Trainer_Spec Sheet.pdf
(171.76 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

I will then use the remainder of the class time to discuss questions you might have about the Final Exam.

Final Exam info and uploading has been posted on Blackboard soon. You can pick up a printed copy of the Final Exam beginning in your lab session on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021. It is due on or before Noon on Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2021. You may either submit it in person or via Blackboard, following the instructions posted in Bb.

Return to “EET-120 Fluid Power Technology”