Week #3 (2/7-2/11) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #3 (2/7-2/11) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
jrgonzalez2001

Re: Week #3 (2/7-2/11) Weekly Progress Report

Post by jrgonzalez2001 »

Jorge Gonzalez

(Tuesday) I continued to work on programming the Dobot. With Cole's help, I was able to connect to the Dobot on a linear rail and jog the rail either left or right. We learned that within the program, the linear rail is positioned from point "0" to "1000" which allowed us to program the Dobot to move anywhere between those points.

(Thursday) After some help modifying the mounting plate for the Dobot, we were able to mount the Dobot with the back end facing towards the motor of the linear rail. We ran into a couple of issues like the holes not lining up, and also the linear rail not working so we worked together to troubleshoot it. I would try to move the rail back and forth but it would not move, you could hear it struggle. After some thinking and some tests, we ended up removing the Dobot to see if the linear rail was the issue, but the linear rail then moved. We placed the Dobot back on and then it magically worked again. I believe it was mounted too tightly and put too much strain on the belt of the linear rail causing it to malfunction.
Last edited by jrgonzalez2001 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wmpenalo0001

Post by wmpenalo0001 »

William Penalo

If I don't do this now I'll forgot. The best group made a lot of progress on building the green house, we also figured out that the boe bot has a full range of motion where we originally thought it was 180 as per what the instruction manual said (it lied). Yay us(this will be edited)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░▌
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▐░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▒▐▒░░░▌
░░░░░▄▀▀▄░░░▄▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▌▒▒░░▌
░░░░▐▒░░░▀▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░▌▒░░░░▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄
░░░░▐▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▀▄
░░░░▌▀▄░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▌▒▌▒▄▄▒▒▐
░░░▌▌▒▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒█▄█▌▒▒▌
░▄▀▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▌▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▒▒▐░░░▄
▀▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▒▐███▌▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▀▀▀
▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▄█▀░░▒▌▀▀▄▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▐▒▀▄▀▄░░░░▀
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▄▀▒▒▒▌░░▀▄
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▄▀
issalman

Post by issalman »

built the green house frames together and finished three sides so far and going to finish it next week hopefully
cclozinski2001

Post by cclozinski2001 »

I helped Jorge with figuring out how to use the Dobot and the translation table together. (Tuesday) We then later found that the rail has a position system from "0" to "100". I also helped to get the new holes set up for the mounting plate for the Dobot onto the translation table. This was due to the plates original holes would have caused issues of space if we went with the original holes for the mounting plate (Thursday).
krhoule2001

Post by krhoule2001 »

Tuesday- Started to hook the dobot up to the conveyer. Got the conveyer to jog and stop while in a loop. At the end I attached the photo eye to the conveyer.

Thursday- I mashed together a pick and place program with the conveyer program to create one fluid motion. Ran into the issue that the photo eye was not working with the dobot. This is an issue with the dobot because when I used the photo eye on a different dobot the eye had power but was not registering that an object was in front of it. It could be a bad eye, but I took it new out of the newly opened conveyer box.
Rplizak

Post by Rplizak »

Worked with Nick to continue to build our greenhouse structure. Discussed with him on a design for a door to the greenhouse.
afnaser0001

Post by afnaser0001 »

talked with classmate on how to build the door and window for the greenhouse, also built the green house frames together and finished three sides of it , and worked with the guys on Boeot and how to make the full turn on.
jejagodowski2001

Post by jejagodowski2001 »

I continued to try to get a conveyor connected to a Fanuc robot. I also checked other conveyors to make sure they were functional, and researched how to connect a PLC to a Fanuc robot.
npdesantis

Post by npdesantis »

contiuned to work on building greenhouse, modified dobot plate to change orentaion, more sensor rsearch

Return to “Automated Greenhouse - Weekly Progress Reports (Individual)”