Week #5 (2/22-2/25) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #5 (2/22-2/25) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
krhoule2001

Re: Week #5 (2/22-2/25) Weekly Progress Report

Post by krhoule2001 »

Tuesday- I rewired the plc we are going to use for the project. Then we found an issue with the dobot not being able to pick up the cup so I modified the cup in order for the dobot to pick it up easier. After that, we rigged up a dobot to start 3d printing in order to make a piece for the conveyer. Was not completely successful in setting up the dobot.

Thursday- Brainstormed some ideas to fix current problems. Those being what is the best way for the do bot to pick up the cup and how are we going to track the cups being placed within the system. I also finished downloading CCW on my computer in order to help with the PLC side of things.
Last edited by krhoule2001 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jrgonzalez2001

Post by jrgonzalez2001 »

Jorge Gonzalez

(Tuesday)- Not a ton of progress was made today, but we made some advances on picking up the hydroponic cups and got started, or at least tried to, on the 3D printing for the Dobot. As for the cup, we had to chip off two lips of it to allow the gripper to more easily pick it up, although it is still a tight fit which I do not particularly like because it does not allow a small room for error. As for the 3D printing, I was able to run the program needed for it, connect to the Dobot, and turn on and off the fan and heating element. We did not start printing it yet, but I did download a 3D model we would like to print.

(Thursday)- 3D printing for the Dobot was a no-go. We managed to get it to work, sort of, and 3D print a piece of a Dobot conveyor guide, but it did not print it very well. There is a lot of very precise calibrating you would need to do to get it to effectively print something, lots of different speeds, temperature, and well it was slow so it would have taken almost 8 hours. That being said, I did get the Dobot version of a 3D printer working, but it is not practical so I will try to use the MakerBot next week because it works and seems to work better in almost all ways.
Last edited by jrgonzalez2001 on Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
npdesantis

Post by npdesantis »

Cut and install some rafters for greenhouse roof, made up the schedule, planted some seeds, end effector modification.
issalman

Post by issalman »

making the rafter and figured the pitch roof and and trying to find a way to get this roof vented. either with servo open and closes or linear movement by pneumatic cylinder
jejagodowski2001

Post by jejagodowski2001 »

I started looking into connecting a PLC to the Fanuc robot and downloaded Connected Components Workbench and the Dobot software. I also helped with trying to get the Dobot 3D printing to work.
afnaser0001

Post by afnaser0001 »

week 5 me and ihsan we making the rafter and figured the pitch roof and and trying to find a way to get this roof vented. we were looking for servos in the class but most of theses one didn't work for us, so we either with servo open and closes or linear movement by pneumatic cylinder
cclozinski2001

Post by cclozinski2001 »

This week me and Jorge had some progress with the Dobot of picking and placing the cups into the holders. We tried to 3D print with another Dobot to make a guide for the belt but it wasn't working to well. The 3D printing software seemed to work good I think the Dobot's 3D printing tip was not getting to the right temperature to print very well.

Return to “Automated Greenhouse - Weekly Progress Reports (Individual)”