Week #6 (2/28-3/4) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #6 (2/28-3/4) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
krhoule2001

Re: Week #6 (2/28-3/4) Weekly Progress Report

Post by krhoule2001 »

Tuesday- I am setting up the sensors for the conveyers to work together. Need to adjust the code along with the sensitivity of the photo sensor.

Thursday-
jrgonzalez2001

Post by jrgonzalez2001 »

Jorge Gonzalez

(Tuesday) - I got the MakerBot 3D printer working, hooray! I couldn't have done it without Joe's help, because his laptop was able to load in the files into the SD card which the MakerBot read files from. I had to download multiple software and tinker with them until I figured out how to convert a 3D STL file to a 3D X3G file. That being said, we can theoretically download any STL file and 3D print it. I downloaded a conveyor guide which will help line up the cups on the conveyor.

(Thursday) - We figured out that the Dobot can talk to the PLC, or rather the PLC talk to the Dobot by hardwiring into the GP ports and the communication interface pins. We still need to figure out which pins does what, but when we do, we will be able to home it and do various subroutines that call for several pick and places. I also successfully connected to the Micro850 PLC since we needed to upgrade from Micro820 for more I/O pins. The HMI is still giving me a "communication flag is 0" error though. I hope we can figure it out by next week. Finally, Joe helped me 3D print some Dobot gripper extenders thinking they may help, but unfortunately they may not.
issalman

Post by issalman »

was finishing build the green house and did the pitch and tighten, and working with cori to get the color sensor mounted and working
afnaser0001

Post by afnaser0001 »

we are almost finished the greenhouse we now waiting for the plcs to be done so week can move to the next step and build the electronic lights and door servos.
jejagodowski2001

Post by jejagodowski2001 »

I helped make considerable progress with the 3D printer and we were able to print usable parts. I also started working on getting a PLC connected to my computer.
npdesantis

Post by npdesantis »

going to comple greenhouse assembly today and place robot inside, gripper modification, and working on do bot integration with hmi
cclozinski2001

Post by cclozinski2001 »

This week we finally had success with 3D printing the guide for the belt. The Dobot couldn't do it well so we actually used the MakerBot and it worked well. At the end of the week we finally figured out that the Dobot can connect to the plc to communicate with it. We just need to figure out how to wire things up.

Return to “Automated Greenhouse - Weekly Progress Reports (Individual)”