Week #13 (4/18-4/22) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #13 (4/18-4/22) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

NOTE: Tuesday, 4/19, followed a Monday schedule due to the Patriot's Day Holiday on 4/18. Attendance on that day was optional. On a personal note, I saw great progress made by the five students who did show up and put about 5 hours or so of work into the project that day. Well done!

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
jrgonzalez2001

Re: Week #12 (4/18-4/22) Weekly Progress Report

Post by jrgonzalez2001 »

Jorge Gonzalez

This week we added fans to the greenhouse and I helped to run the wiring for those. We have one that intakes cool air and exhausts warm air to cool off the greenhouse if it gets too hot. I got them installed in the PLC running off a 12v power supply, which we had to change to a bigger, digital, one because the one we originally used did not supply enough current to run both fans at the same time. We verified that the light, pump, and fans worked off the PLC, (which unsurprisingly was giving us issues again), and thanks to Joe, we got a program to run the light and pump on a timer. Most of the wiring is installed and verified, so now we are focused mostly on programming the Dobot and PLC for the pot positions. The PLC program I worked needed/needs a big rework since the original program I worked would not work well, if at all.
jejagodowski2001

Post by jejagodowski2001 »

I added to the Fanuc's programming, I helped secure the conveyor in place, I helped get the PLC working properly, and helped brainstorm possible ideas to program parts in the PLC.
cclozinski2001

Post by cclozinski2001 »

Cole Lozinski

This week I helped to solder some of the fans in the green house to the plc. I also helped to solder the limit switch for the door. I also helped to make the wiring look nice in the green house.
npdesantis

Post by npdesantis »

more power supply install ( 12Vfan power supply not enough current), more testing, PLC dobot program research, wrapping up final construction
afnaser0001

Re: Week #13 (4/18-4/22) Weekly Progress Report

Post by afnaser0001 »

this week, helped to solder the limit switch for the door and helped to make the wiring look nice in the green house.
krhoule2001

Re: Week #13 (4/18-4/22) Weekly Progress Report

Post by krhoule2001 »

still working out the bugs within the dobot program

Return to “Automated Greenhouse - Weekly Progress Reports (Individual)”