Week #7 (3/6-3/10) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #7 (3/6-3/10) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
jrvicenty2101

Re: Week #7 (3/6-3/10) Weekly Progress Report

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

Tuesday with the help of Rick I tried connecting software with the PLC. Unfortunately the PLC doesn't work. On Thursday switched the PLC and still had the same issue. I will be trying to uninstall and reinstall the connected components workbench software to see if I have better luck during Spring break.
rjstrange2101

Post by rjstrange2101 »

Week 7 I was able to create a final, to scale program of the painting process of our car! The program works start to finish on RoboDK itself, so now we just have to transfer it to the robot.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

For Week 7 Rick suggested to use a dobot sliding rail as a conveyor rather than a fanuc conveyor since it should be easier to implement. So got another sliding rail hooked up and used a mounting plate as the base to hold the car. The group also suggested that we may need another sliding dobot so I created another one of those as well.
hnle

Post by hnle »

I discussed with Nate about types of axle should be used. Also talked about what and how brackets would be implemented. We were confused between using either glue gun or staple gun to hold the brackets down. I also googled to find a way to hardwire and trigger whatever guns would be used.
pagarcia2101

Post by pagarcia2101 »

On week 7 we decided on how we were going to attach the wheels and what we'd use as the axle. I also started to work on how the triggering for the camera would work. I read the manual for the Cognex In-Sight 7000 camera and how we'd actually wire it up. I was having trouble with the triggering so during the semester break I also tried figuring it out but we got interrupted by a gas leak.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”