Week #4 (2/13-2/17) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #4 (2/13-2/17) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
jrvicenty2101

Re: Week #4 (2/13-2/17) Weekly Progress Report

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

On Tuesday myself and some team members went to building 20 to gather some supplies and the fridge and microwave. Shortly after Paula and I went to the six floor to get some electrical components from professor Charles. On Thursday I spent the time building a panel for our components with suggestion from the team on where I should place the components on the panel.
pagarcia2101

Post by pagarcia2101 »

Week 4 was pretty eventful. On Tuesday I took off some extra washers and screws off the conveyor belt from I guess a previous project some other seniors had. I believe it was tuesday a few guys went to building 20 and we organized the area where we'd put the microwave, toaster oven, and refrigerator. Later on, Jorge and I went to the 6th floor to get PLCs, sensors, HMIs, and a fancy camera we want to use for the project called Cognex. On Thursday I organized everything we brought from Tuesday and got familiar with the camera we want to use. Afterward I had help downloading the software by Nate and Chuck and finally we got it on one of the desktops. Next week I'll hopefully be able to connect the camera to the computer and have it working.
hnle

Post by hnle »

In Week 4 we took a look at different conveyor belts to see what fit the most. I also installed RoboDK software and went through a few tutorials to refresh.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

In week 4 I assisted Rick along with a few others to get more equipment from building 20. We also gotten the fridge and microwave from building 20 to use them in building 17 if we need them. This week I started to assemble the Dobot along with its sliding rail. However, I couldn't finish it since I didn't have the proper screws to screw on the mounting plate underneath the Dobot to then mount it onto the sliding rail itself.
rjstrange2101

Post by rjstrange2101 »

Week 4 I began a simple "Proof of concept" program where I got all the assets I needed to begin the spray paint program. By the end of the week I was able to do a simple program that painted the top of the car automatically but ran into several issues I would have to address the following week- one RoboDK is REALLY hard to get to scale and two we would have to paint all around the robot which I wasn't sure would actually be possible with the arm.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”