Week #2 (1/30-2/3) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #2 (1/30-2/3) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
pagarcia2101

Re: Week #2 (1/30-2/3) Weekly Progress Report

Post by pagarcia2101 »

On week two we all built the prototypes we could be using during the assembly and thinking about things we can improve in our original process. We also started downloading the programs we might be needing. I downloaded the dobot magician program onto my laptop and started playing around with the laser. We also made a group excel sheet organizing what we'll be doing each week and how much of it is sequential and what is independent. We also have a group google doc where we listed all our ideas.
jrvicenty2101

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

In week two the team built prototypes so that we can have an idea of how what it will take to build a toy car. I helped the team create an excel sheet to help monitor our weekly goals and google docs so we can list all our ideas. helped the team download the Dobot studio program and Paula and myself played around with the Dobot laser.
rjstrange2101

Post by rjstrange2101 »

During Week 2 we decided to figure out what we would do for a project, and everyone brought up ideas for the wheel and axle attachments and the shape of the car body. Personally I recommended some ideas, as well as created a group document with a rough idea for a material list and helped make a diagram for the actual process of the assembly to help give us a rough idea of what we needed to do and how to start.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

In week 2 we decided that our project will be to create an automated system to develop a small wooden play car. This week we worked on scheduling and sought out roughly on who will work on which aspect specifically in the project. I will be working with the dobots. I got more familiar with the dobots and started to mess around with the programming. I also got the necessary drivers and software programs installed so that I can communicate with the robots. We also brainstormed about future challenges and milestones. We came together to create a schedule to roughly follow and made a list of parts and how many robots we may possibly need.
hnle

Post by hnle »

In week 2 we still discuss on what kind of car we would be working on including types of wheels and axles. Also discuss on task scheduling and project steps.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”