Week #3 (2/6-2/10) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #3 (2/6-2/10) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
pagarcia2101

Re: Week #3 (2/6-2/10) Weekly Progress Report

Post by pagarcia2101 »

On week three we all pretty much started making sure we have a final idea of our wheel and axles. Most of us have the programs we need on our laptops and have started playing around with the fanuc robot on RoboDK. A few of us also went over to building 20 to find a few things we could use. We also got our idea of using a heat gun to secure the axles onto the wood piece we will call the car. I sacrificed my car with the gun to see if it was strong enough to stick onto the axle :)
My conclusions were that the glue indeed was strong enough.
That's what we did during week three.
jrvicenty2101

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

The team discussed some of our final ideas and looked through amazon to look for materials and parts we can order for our toy cars. I used the Dobot to get an idea of how the gripper and suction tools work to be able to implement them in our project.
rjstrange2101

Post by rjstrange2101 »

Beginning of week 3, we made final recommendations and added a few more steps to our process and began getting what we needed from building 20 and downloading the software needed for the Doebots. I also downloaded ROBODK and refreshed myself on how to use it, so I could begin the following week working on a program for the spraypaint section of the conveyor belt.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

In week 3 we talked further more about our axel situation. Such as how will we mount the axle onto the wooden body. We came to the conclusion of that we glue the axel onto the car. We also decided that we will spray paint the cars with different colors (using food coloring water). We also thought about how we may create a heat station, similar to a oven, to dry the paint into the car. Me and Jorge also went to building 20 to get more parts and tools that may assist us with the project.
hnle

Post by hnle »

This week, I have been online searching for wheels and axles and how they fit in the car body. Riley finally found the best product on amazon and Paula made the order.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”