Week #5 (2/20-2/24) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #5 (2/20-2/24) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
edmedina0001

Re: Week #5 (2/20-2/24) Weekly Progress Report

Post by edmedina0001 »

In week 5 the group rediscussed on how to mount the wheels and axle and onto the body of the car. Nate proposed the idea of using a plate and clamping system. The body would be clamped the down and the wheels and axles would get pushed down by a plate vertically into the car while at the same time another plate would push the wheels inwards horizontally to the car. Me an Paula were talking about the order of the stations and she drew a diagram outlying all of them. I also bought a fan for the drying station of the project. I also finished setting up the Dobot along with the sliding rail thanks to Rick since he got me the proper screws required for the mounting plate.
hnle

Post by hnle »

There was 1 school day cancelled due to snowstorm in this week. We received a new kit of wheels and axles from Amazon (single axle type). However, we ran to an issue of wheel rotation if the axle gets glued down. Mostly group discussion on that day.
jrvicenty2101

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

Continued to construct a panel board for are HMI and PLC Thursday's Lab was cancelled due to snow.
rjstrange2101

Post by rjstrange2101 »

Week 5 we lost a little time this week due to bad weather but I was able to figure out how to create the main program using different call actions for each side as well as make a plan to elevate the car to paint under it.
pagarcia2101

Post by pagarcia2101 »

On week 5 we continued our axle research and we agreed we'd be putting some type of clamp on it and either hot glue it or use screws. I also started figuring out how to turn on the camera and what software is needed to connected it to a desktop.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”