Week #9 (3/20-24) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #9 (3/20-24) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
rjstrange2101

Re: Week #9 (3/20-24) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjstrange2101 »

The program is done, so this week I had to figure out how to transfer it. And I immediately realized how difficult it would actually be to do that. We tried SO many methods to actually move it with no luck. I had to learn how to convert the files I currently have to LS files, which using the postprocessor section of RoboDK I was able to do with some trial and error. Then, I had to learn how to actually transfer it, and we came to the conclusion we would have to connect my computer and the robot using the same IP address. Next week we will figure out how to do the connection and *hopefully* have a good chunk of the project done!
hnle

Post by hnle »

I tried to connect Fanuc robot to laptop via ethernet port. Most of the time was used on searching for a software to convert Robodk file to Fanuc executable file.
pagarcia2101

Post by pagarcia2101 »

On week 9 Chuck had already made arrangements to be able to have a Cognex technician inspecting the camera to see what was wrong with it. So while that happened on tuesday, Vincent, Jorge, and I moved what we'd be using for the project to the official place we'd be having it. We also started to see how we'd be able to add the program Riley made to the Fanuc. We added an ethernet cable to see if we could do it like that but so far we've made more progress with having the program on a USB flash drive. On Thursday we started to get familiar with the 3D printer and Nate started printing an example of what we'd be using to clamp our axles.
jrvicenty2101

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

We set up an area for our assembly line on Tuesday, and I connected the classroom desktop computer to the PLC. On Thursday I was able to get the PLC and the HMI to talk to each other.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

For week 9, we had established a set table dedicated to the project. We put all dobots onto the table and aligned them to best fit our goal. The fanuc robot was also to the side of the table, marking the beginning of the assembly process. We put a blank dobot linear rail to act as the conveyor belt.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”