Week #10 (3/27-31) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #10 (3/27-31) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
rjstrange2101

Re: Week #10 (3/27-31) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjstrange2101 »

This week, we were trying to figure out how to send the TP file to the fanuc robot. I worked with Paula and Vincent this week to figure out the errors and commands of the Fanuc. Using the software on Vincent's computer, we were able to send it with varying results. Each time we ran into different problems, specifically that the robot will not load ANY programs, none the less mine. This week I sent over multiple versions of the same files, each adapted to troubleshoot the problems we had. I learned the python programs I included had difficulty running so I most likely will have to add pneumatic programs on the pendant itself. I also had to research various errors since I had trouble understanding what was happening and checked all of my targets to make sure they were within the capabilities of the robot. I also made an STL file of the piece we needed, to the correct dimensions, as well as bought two computer fans that we could attach to the PLC since the fan that was bought previously wouldn't suit our needs.
jrvicenty2101

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

This week I went through the dobot's user manual to find which I/O pins on the base of the dobot's that will connect to the PLC. I attached a DMM to I/O pins EIO18 & EIO19. EIO18 gave me an output signal of 3.3v while I used I/O pin EIO19 for the input signal and created a test program on Blockly in the dobot studio software.
pagarcia2101

Post by pagarcia2101 »

This week I helped Riley and Vincent with the Fanuc Robot. We were trying to send the a TP extension but it wouldn't accept it. Riley was trying to modify the program because the teach pendant would tell us that it wasn't within limits. After she did that the FWD/BWD buttons were locked. I was able to bypass it but it gave us three new errors, "MOTN-017; MCTL-003; INTP-106". I also 3D printed two brackets we'll be using for our cars.
hnle

Post by hnle »

In this week, Riley Paula and myself were struggling to send RoboDK file to Fanuc controller. We eventually were able to transfer TP file to the controller. However, we had problem with limit errors when trying to execute the TP file. Riley tried to modify RoboDK program and sent to me in order to convert and transfer to Fanuc controller but no luck. I also spent fair amount of time to deal with FWD/BWD keypad error from Fanuc teach pendant.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

After many difficulties in programming and utilizing the dobot linear rail to act as a conveyor belt, we established that a dobot conveyor belt will work best for the project. I found a dobot conveyor belt and assisted established it in the place where the linear rail used to be. I played around with it using blocjy and i looked up ways online such as tutorials and examples to use it effectively.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”