Week #11 (4/3-7) Weekly Progress Report

rjagodowski

Week #11 (4/3-7) Weekly Progress Report

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress, contributions, work and anything else you did for the Team project here.

There will be a separate Topic for each week during the semester.

These are individual posts, so each member must post their own progress report. If you worked with others, or the entire group, then you can mention that in your post as well. But each member must post to receive credit for this week's post.
jrvicenty2101

Re: Week #11 (4/3-7) Weekly Progress Report

Post by jrvicenty2101 »

This week I was able to connect all three dobots to the PLC and the HMI. We started looking up how to download a program to the dobots using blockly to trigger the dobots program when we push a button on the HMI.
pagarcia2101

Post by pagarcia2101 »

So this week we gave the Fanuc a rest, giving Chuck time to talk with someone who could come check it out. Nate, Riley and I started working on how we'd glue the bracket onto the car. We timed how fast the glue would cool down and if we'd be applying the glue to the wood or the bracket. I started working on the inspection phase of the car. We wouldn't be using barcodes anymore. I have the camera looking for many things such as, the distance between each ends of the wood piece, the distance between the ends of the bracket and the ends of the wheels. It measures distance in pixels and I have it set to look in between two limits. For example, for our left wheels the range limits go from 285 pixels to 270. I have it like that so we know the wheels are properly attached. If they aren't attached well they won't fully be on the axis and it wouldn't pass the inspection. Currently the left wheels are at 275.533.
hnle

Post by hnle »

Due to the fact that we could not execute TP file which was generated from RoboDK on Fanuc robot, I decided to search and download a proprietary software for Fanuc. It was almost 5 GBs so I spent most of the time on Tuesday to get it downloaded and installed. On Thursday, I went through all of the software’s knowledge sections as well as some tutorials on internet.
edmedina0001

Post by edmedina0001 »

I assisted Jorge on establishing connections to the dobots from the plc so that we can trigger them on using the hmi. We looked up what each pin of the dobot represented so that we can connect them properly to th3e plc and we eventually got it connected.

Return to “Progress Reports for Car Assembly”