Week #3: (2/4-8) Progess Reports.

rjagodowski

Week #3: (2/4-8) Progess Reports.

Post by rjagodowski »

Post your progress reports for Week #3 here.
vrwhitcomb0001

Re: Week #3: (2/4-8) Progess Reports.

Post by vrwhitcomb0001 »

This week we discussed the specifics of the mechanicals regarding the automated adult beverage dispenser. We discussed using air pressure to dispense the soda then using a rotary style "dosed" alcohol dispenser. Professor Jagadowski purchased the dosed dispenser and we spoke of the possibility of using a stepper motor to drive the rotary device so we can derive a position as well. At this early stage we think using a air cylinder we could operate the doser. In theory this method should eliminate the need for a automated line cleaning process. The specifics of the image system for ID scanning is still a bit up in the air. Bob said that he would be bringing in some Unistrut and associated components for building the main structure when it comes time, and I will bring additional power tools such as drills, impact drivers and saws on the nights that we will be building. overall I think we had some great concept building time on Wednesday and I think we are on track for a great project.
rjagodowski

Post by rjagodowski »

The rotary drink dispenser arrived this afternoon. One of the bottle holders was broken, but I'll bring it in on Wednesday anyway so we can all see it. The force required to push up to get it to pour is actually quite high, which might be a challenge. However, I'm sure it's not insurmountable and perhaps things could be modified so the effort is lower. We also might need a slight downward pressure at the top of the bottle, which could probably be done with a pneumatic cylinder extending downward as the drink-pour mechanism is raised.

The pourers do seem to work pretty well. I have one bottle connected as I type this and so far, no leaks.

THIS IS NOT A HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT, but IF you should have a clean, EMPTY "adult beverage bottle" in the coming weeks, please bring it into class with you so that we can start collecting various bottles for testing.
rlafleche0001

Post by rlafleche0001 »

I was hoping to have a few measurements and ideas on what sensors would be needed tonight. My supervisors have given me an OK to acquire many of these items. We have aluminium unistrut in stock, with all the supplies to mount, and connect as well. Call from rave alert saying all classes are canceled. :(
mlgiguere0001

Post by mlgiguere0001 »

started looking into the programming of the DoBot and the vision system, downloading software and playing around with them to familiarize myself with their functions, etc.

Return to “EET-265L Lab - Evening”