7 posts • Page 1 of 1
At this point the robotic program for communicating with the plc is complete as well as the first move. The second move has been started just a few minor adjustment s needed. We also got everything screwed down to the table in its Permanent location. We are getting closer!
This week we decided to use the older translation table that the existing project used with a twist on it, our new Robot. The table that we had constructed just would not hold up to the tolerances we needed it to have and agreed to cut it out of our project all together. After disassembling the older robot we got it mounted in place to our project. Now we have a working table for the robot to get dialed in on some major moves from location to location on our table. This allowed us to wire in the IGUS Track system which will carry all the necessary wires to and from the robot. We also secured most of our structural equipment to the table for permanent locations. We neatened up most of our wiring and started programing the moves from the incoming conveyor to the first cell locations. We discussed some more technical schematic ideas and how each of us would take part in writing the paper report by taking responsibility in at least 5 pages each. We are getting very close to having a running project. Most of the Ladder Logic is written and ready for the HMI/PLC. Lastly we added the robots PROX Sensor and put some clean touches on our wiring to neaten and hide it from sight.
This week I started making the final copy of our schematic on visio, I made the full blueprint of out project but there was no room for wiring so im going to make smaller schematics along with the blueprint.
This week we chose the older translation table and gave it to another group and we tested it out and it saved us a lot more work time. I worked on the next part of the schematic and wired up the stop switch and the commands to the and outputs to the limit switches. we also were communicating the plc's and schematic to the robot and the limit switches and the motors
Finally, the older translation table for the old existing project can be used. The robot is stable to do some movements such as reach the storage with the product in the gripper to the storage cell. So, we have a working table for the robot and try to go forward. To improve the communication between PLC and the robot, we rewired efficiently the table work included the conveyors. We installed the security button on the table in a good location to stop working when it is necessary. We have discussed some more technical schematic ideas and how each of us would take part in writing the paper report by taking responsibility to everyone for 5 pages each. We are working really hard to make the project a success. Moreover, some of the Ladder Logic is prepared to make test with the HMI, PLC, and the robot. Yes, we are moving. Thanks.